VW L1 Concept Petition

June 9, 2009 – 8:48 am by Matt Radel
Filed under Concepts

Do your part – the L1 needs YOU!!!

A bit over a year ago we posted about the 235 MPG Volkswagen L1 concept – the ‘lil VW that just wanted a chance to be born, man. The L1 has been rumored to go into production in 2010, but things have been very quiet…which leads L1 fans to nervously fumble their fingers in anticipation of the concept going the way of the GX3.

lil_guy1

So what’s a girl to do? Start up a petition on Twitter, that’s what! One of our VB faithful has done just that, and needs your support! Start following VW_L1_Love and sign the web petition to do your part to bring the L1 to a VW lot near you. Let’s get us some 200+ MPG love!!!!

Matt Radel

VW L1 Concept Petition
June 9, 2009 – 8:48 am by Matt Radel

Clip This at 9rules.com!

9 Responses to “VW L1 Concept Petition”

1. The timing is right for something like this. Let’s just hope it doesn’t fall on deaf ears!

2. I don’t think this will ever make it to the USA. The oil companies and our goverment will find some way to keep it out.

By Robert Head on Jun 11, 2009 | Reply
  3. I’ve heard that they WILL (?) be sold here in China starting in 2010. Any truth to the rumor as far as you know?

By Blair on Jun 26, 2009 | Reply
  4. The auto makers are scratching their heads, trying to figure out how they can lure the public back into their show rooms. VW has already figured that out, and what the public wants is a car that doesn’t continue to drink gas and waste money. If VW doesn’t see the world-wide implications of their L1, then some other manufacturer will, and make a fortune giving the public what they want. I’m anticipating purchasing an L1, and I see it’s full potential on our crowded highways in the U.S. Come on VW, make it happen!

By Thom Wood on Jul 15, 2009 | Reply
  5. We need something like the VW L1. Unbelievable mileage, and hopefully, a low price. Unlike the Aptera, which I hear is going to be in the $30,000 range.

By Mel Griggs, Jr on Aug 7, 2009 | Reply
  6. VW L1 seems to be a motorcycle. I am not trying to take anything away from them but it is 100% marketing. My major concern is safety. For regions that have snow two, three months a year, this vehicle in its current form will not work. Families with kids will not be customers. Unless pricing will factor in that a person potentially will need a larger vehicle to use during winter or on certain occasions, I don’t see it being successful. I do not need a motorcycle that has 200+ MPG, I need a car, not an Envoy, or Ford Expedition, but a car similar in size to Honda Fit, Toyota Prius that would give me better mileage than what is currently available. Since they don’t have technology where they can provide more than marginal improvement in MPG to what is currently available on the market, they employ marketing, substantially reduce car size, weight, etc. If the weather is nice I ride a scooter which gets ~100 MPG and costs $1400, far less than 25K.

By Andrey on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply
  7. I agree that this isn’t the next prius. It’s a super Eco car but it a bit of a gimmick, you would still need a real car foreveryday use

By Mike on Sep 20, 2009 | Reply
  8. I agree that this isn’t the next prius. It’s a super Eco car but it a bit of a gimmick, you would still need a real car foreveryday use

By Mike on Sep 20, 2009 | Reply
  9. We need something like the VW L1. Nice CAR…